In early January 2020 the Department of Homeland Security issued the following urgent bulletin concerning retaliatory cyber-attacks: https://www.dhs.gov/ntas/advisory/national-terrorism-advisory-system-bulletin-january-4-2020
There are no specific direct threats yet but, as mentioned, there is a significantly elevated risk and high likelihood of a Cyber-attack by Iran (a state sponsor of terrorism) in retaliation to recent events.
While it is not likely that our customers in Wisconsin will be directly targeted, it is highly likely customers will be impacted by the contingent cyber exposures of a state sponsored retaliatory cyber-attack. The likely impact would be because the major cloud and network systems our customers depend on would be down:
- Denial of service attacks
- Network interruption
- Contingent business income and sales loss
This is why a true cyber policy that contains coverage for all of this is more important than ever!
We are being proactive and want to help now before a loss occurs!
- Get a quote today and it can be done with a few quick questions: click here to request a quote answering 7 simple questions
- A true cyber insurance policy is not as expensive as you might think and covers not only direct cyber-attacks but contingent exposures around systems your company depends on.
- One of our top carriers also features a reimbursement for upfront cyber defense costs, up to $3,000, on IT risk mitigation to help make IT systems safer and mitigate risk.