Typically property insurance covers equipment forstandard perils, such as fire, but excluded losses due to:
- Mechanical breakdown
- Electrical arcing
- Damage to Steam Boilers and Hot Water Heaters
Your business may depend on many types of equipment such as:
- Electrical Equipment
- Mechanical Equipment
- Business Equipment
- Refrigeration Equipment
- Heating and Cooling Systems
This equipment is subject to sudden and accidental breakdown. Computers or EDP equipment are not covered by this insurance. Equipment Breakdown insurance helps protect you from the costs associated with the losses to your building’s equipment.
It pays for:
- Cost to repair or replace equipment damaged by a breakdown
- Other costs or expenses to limit the loss or speed business restoration
- Loss of business income due to an “accident”
Ask yourself: What’s more likely? A power surge that damages electrical distribution equipment or a major fire? You’re probably adequately insured for fire. Shouldn’t you insure for what’s more likely to occur?
Please contact us to discuss this coverage further and see just how affordable this coverage can be.