You most likely heard the news story recently where a Wisconsin School District was breached and scammed out of $660,000. Yet another example of a local cyber breach making national news.
Unfortunately, Public Sectors have become an easy and frequent target for cyber hackers. Here are a few reasons why:
- Employees continue to be the easiest breach point. Cyber criminals only need one employee to slip up, fall for the scam, and unintentionally hand over the keys to an entire network of personal information.
- Less staff are present on a regular basis. The FBI and Law Enforcement have seen an increase in Public Sector groups being targeted when less staff are present, such as nights and weekends.
Along with having the correct cyber insurance plan in place, R&R has tools and resources to help protect your business - big or small, public or private. We're able to create a custom program focused on 4 key steps:
- Employee training (annually)
- Internal IT security
- Banking protocols for wiring money and financial transactions
- Insurance to help keep the business up and running WHEN your organization experiences a cyber loss
Click here to learn more about properly protecting your business or to receive a free Cyber Insurance quote.