Effective October 16, 2018, OSHA launched a "Site-Specific Targeting (SST) inspection program". The goal of the program is to ensure that employers provide safe and healthful workplaces by directing enforcement resources to those workplaces with the highest rates of injuries and illness. Read the full OSHA notice here
Targeted Employers or Workplaces for SST Inspection Program:
- All industries EXCLUDING construction, schools, or municipalities
- 20+ employees
- Injury and illness information submitted calendar year 2016 under 29 CFR 1904.41
How can you prepare for a potential OSHA visit?
- Awareness: do your company have a plan if OSHA would come knocking?
- Benchmark: how does your company's injury and illness rates compare to industry peers? Are you a red flag for OSHA?
- Review applicable OSHA compliance programs compared to your company practices.
Preparing for any type of OSHA audit takes commitment from leadership. The best success are organizations with safety teams to champion safety 24/7. R&R Insurance can help support safety personnel with self-audits, policy review, training content, and much more. Start the conversation with an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.