R&R Homeowners Insurance
Whether you own or rent, your home and its belongings are two of the most important things in your life. At R&R Insurance we offer a wide variety of coverage options to protect your lifestyle.
Protect one of your largest financial investments – your house. Your homeowners insurance policy will cover the physical structure of your home, personal liability and additional costs that may incur as a result of a covered loss.
Protect what's inside your condo — a typical condo association policy does not protect your personal belongings or your personal liability. Condo insurance policies fill in the gaps, covering personal property, building additions and alterations, physical damage to property of others and additional living expenses.
With renters insurance, you can protect your personal possessions. In all likelihood, your landlord has insurance on the building you call home. But it doesn't cover you against liability claims or protect your possessions.
What Isn't Covered?
Many homeowners are under the mistaken impression that a standard homeowners policy provides more insurance protection than it does. Flood damage, stolen or damaged vehicles on your property, or sewer backup could mean large unexpected out of pocket expenses. Because the list of exclusions keeps expanding, you should review your policy to ensure that you are properly covered. Knowing what is and isn’t covered can make all the difference when disaster strikes.
Your home insurance policy does not cover:
- Sewer and drain backup/sump failure
- Pet damage to home/contents
- Intentional Damage
Questions about what's covered by your homeowners policy? Contact us for more information.
13 Most Overlooked Personal Insurance Options
There are many circumstances that, if they occur, they could be financially devastating to you and your family’s well-being. No worries though! Auto and homeowner’s policies have extra coverage options that may be added to your policy to meet your specific needs. The following are the most common additional coverage endorsements that are added to homeowner’s policies.
- Back up of Sewer and Drain- Provides coverage for damage caused by the back up of a sewer, drain, or sump pump overflow.
- Flood Insurance- Flood coverage is not provided on a homeowner’s policy, it’s a separate policy that we can provide for you. It provides coverage from an overflow of a body of water (lake, stream or river) and surface water (caused by excessive rainfall). You do not need to be in a flood prone area to purchase a flood policy.
- Replacement Cost on your Dwelling & your Personal Property- This guarantees the dwelling or personal property will be replaced without depreciation in the event of a total loss.
- Identity Theft Coverage- Reimburses you for expenses related to restoring your identity if it were stolen.
- Personal Property Schedule- Removes deductible & provides worldwide coverage for jewelry, guns, furs, musical instruments, collectibles, fine art, etc.
- Special Personal Property- Provides the broadest coverage available for your home contents.
- Earthquake Coverage- Covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property in the event of an earthquake. This coverage is excluded on a homeowner’s policy.
- Business in the Home Endorsement- Provides liability and/or business property coverage for certain home-based businesses.
- Excess Liability (Umbrella) and Increased Liability Limits- Protects your assets in the event you or someone in your household accidentally injures another person or damages their property.
- Recreational Vehicle Coverage- Coverage can be added for Boats, ATVs, Snowmobiles, Golf Carts, etc.
- Loan/Lease- Loan/Lease covers the difference between the amount owed on a lease or loan and the amount normally paid by a car insurance policy at the time of a total loss.
- Rental Reimbursement- Covers up to a specified amount for a rental car while your car is being fixed after a covered loss.
- Towing- Covers towing of your vehicle, up to a specified limit.
Contact us today to discuss these coverages in more detail, or if you have any questions about your existing policy.