Return to Employee Directory
What motivated you to become an insurance professional?
Honestly, I “fell” into the industry over 25 years ago, when my desire was to work with small business combined with my extensive background in the healthcare “delivery” field. It was a perfect fit for all the years that I worked for physicians and did claims work. If I thought the medical field was forever changing, well insurance has it beat!
What do you love most about your work?
As a previous small business owner myself, I truly understand how business owners have to wear “many hats”. Having surrounded myself with advisors in the areas of expertise that I did not have, I focused on what I did best, which is employee benefits/health insurance. I love helping clients meet their own personal insurance needs, as well as provide guidance on cost-effective plans to help retain valued employees.
What has been your biggest success in the past year?
Having joined the R&R family just recently (owned my own agency from 2003), I’m excited to utilize all the resources that R&R offers to really help the small employer, as well as those looking to enjoy the fruits of their labor through retirement.
What are you most looking forward to with your work in the year to come?
To continue to serve those clients who became my friends and my friends who have become my clients over years, as well as the opportunity to our community. I enjoy helping clients navigate the intimidating health insurance market, whether it’s a small business, an individual (family) or those becoming Medicare eligible.
- Northern Michigan University - Associate Degree, Business
- Registered Health Underwriter (RHU)
- Life Underwriters Training Council (LUTCF)
- Woman Leader of the Year, Women in Management - Fox Cities Chapter (2016)
- Employee Benefits Agent of the Year - IIAW (2015)
- Athena Award Winner - Fox Cities Chamber (2007)
- Rising Star Award - Heart of the Chamber (2006)
- ACA Roundtable with VP Pence - Milwaukee (2017)
- Heart of the Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Member (2003-Present)
- Past Board President (2008-2009)
- Independent Insurance Agents of Wisconsin (IIAW)
- Employee Benefits Committee Member (2013-Present)
- Past Board Member (2013-2016)
- Wisconsin HIRSP Board, appointed by Governor Walker (2012-2014)
- Well City-Fox Cities Initiative, Co-Founder (2009)
- Fox West Chamber of Commerce
- Wisconsin Association of Health Underwriters (WAHU, NAHU, & WEBA), past member