The snow which blanketed communities throughout Wisconsin this winter is melting on top of frozen earth. When combined with the inevitable springtime rains, excessive run off could produce record flooding.
Many people are unaware that their homeowner's policy does not cover their property and possessions in the event of a flood. Flood insurance covers the direct physical losses caused by floods, flood-related erosion, severe rainstorms, flash floods and mudslides.
According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), almost all Wisconsin homeowners (99%) lack proper flood insurance. Can you imagine what it would cost to recover from a flood? And are you prepared to foot that bill if it ends up happening? In most cases, the answers to these questions are no and no. Get started on a flood insurance quote now.
The Top Ten Reasons to Buy Flood Insurance Now:
- Be Flood Smart! Spring flooding is almost here and there is a 30-day waiting period before coverage begins. You can’t simply wait for it to start raining before you call to obtain coverage.
- Coverage is relatively inexpensive with an annual average premium between $300 and $400 for approximately $100,000 of coverage.
- You can depend on being reimbursed for flood damages because NFIP flood insurance is backed by the federal government, even if the President does not declare a federal disaster.
- You do not have to repay flood insurance benefits, and your premium will not go up because you make a claim.
- You become eligible for additional benefits to elevate, strengthen or move your building.
- Renters can purchase flood insurance contents coverage for their personal belongings or business inventory.
- Basement coverage includes cleanup expense and items such as furnaces, water heaters, washers, dryers, air conditioners, freezers, utility connections, and pumps.
- You can request a partial payment immediately after the flood, which can help you recover even faster.
- Buying flood insurance is the best thing you can do to protect your home and business, and your family's financial security from a flood.
- Your standard home policy does not cover damages caused by flood.
Contact us today for more information about homeowners and flood insurance or fill out our online quote form.